Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What's in a name?

Where did I come up with my daughter's name. Well when I was a little kid my mom had me sit down and watch this movie called 
Steel Magnolias.


 It was about a bunch of southern women going through happy, sad, angry, happy, and just about anything else times. Well Julia Roberts played the daughter in this Movie and her character's name was Shelby.


I heard that name and I fell in love with it and all these years held onto that name and dreamed of the day I would have my own Shelby. I still watch steel magnolias and the movie has never gotten old. The lines are just as funny today and when I watched them when I was a kid. 

As far as my own Shelby's middle name Lee. That comes from my grandmother. Her middle name was Lee. My grandma passed away when I was 12 years old and I looked up to her more than anyone else in the world. She was the happiest women with the biggest heart. Her absence in my life has left a huge whole in my heart. I think of her often and couldn't be more honored than to name my daughter after the woman I looked up to. 

1 comment:

Bronco said...

Your grandma loved you Amy She would be very honored. Love Dad