Friday, August 26, 2011

It's OK Mommy

Tonight when the news came on, the very first story they touched base on was a fatal accident that occurred Sunday night. The fatality was a 3 month old infant boy. The boys parents had to pull over due to tire trouble when a drunk driver lost control of his vehicle, hit the median, then smashed into the back of the car with the little boy. The reporter was interviewing the parents and the mother was describing how it happened. I started to cry.  On Sunday, we were driving home from woodland when I saw a huge flash in the sky south of us. When we got into Hazel Dell the traffic slowed and then I saw fire and rescue with police and an ambulance. As we drove past the accident on the opposite side of us I saw an empty car seat sitting on top of one of the cars and I said to Sean "There was a car seat, I hope the baby is OK". I don't know if I feel so bad because I was partial witness to this, or because this little innocent boy lost his life so early, maybe because I have such a little one of my own. Maybe a combination of them all. I just know my heart is heavy and I feel so bad for the loss these parents are having to face. As the tears rolled down my cheeks, I felt Michael climb over the arm of the chair and he put his arms around me and started rubbing the back of my head. When I looked at him, he just leaned in and gave me such a gentle kiss. I looked at him and then he hugged me and continued to rub my head as if saying "It's OK mommy, don't be sad." This just melted me. I gave Michael and extra big hug, thankful that I have him in my life. 

Life is just so precious and it can be gone in an instant. Enjoy each and every moment.

No comments: