Tuesday, August 16, 2011

6 week check up

My little Shelby had her 6 week check up today. She is 6 weeks and 6 days old already! Here are her stats

Weight: 9lbs 4oz (25%)
Height: 21in (25%)

She was so happy laying on the table, looking around. Did mind when she was weighed nor measured. She was smiling when the doctor scanned her over, but did not like it at all when a stick was shoved in her mouth. I got her dressed and then the shots came and oh my poor baby girl did not handle them well. The oral med. she did fine with but the 3 shots, not so much. The first 1 went it and she let out a loud scream but I was able to get her quiet fairly quickly. Then the 2nd shot went in and there was no consolidating her. She screamed one of those screams where you hold your breath and your face turns blue, yep one of those, and that was proceeded by a blood curdling cry :(. When the 3rd one came it was just like the 2nd. I had to carry her out on my arms because she was crying so much. By the time we got into the lobby the lights had caught her attention and my happy curious baby girl was back. She got a slight fever from the shots and has been super cranky but I have her wrapped up tight so she is nice and happy. 


1 comment:

Bronco said...

Be very Proud of your kids honey they are Blessings from God. Love Dad