Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ah-Mine(Airplane)

We had Michael's B-Day party on Saturday the 15. 
I chose to have it at officers row next to the playground because of it's location near the airfield and airport
I woke up early and had breakfast and got everything ready to go.
Sean loaded up the car for me and away I went to go get the cake and food
I was praying that the picnic shelter was available for use the whole way there and when I arrived I was finally able to breath a sigh of relief, the shelter was indeed available.
It was cold and overcast when I arrived being even more thankful we had walls and shelter from the cold and rain if it were to occur. 
My mom met me there and helped set everything up.
I set up the food table while my mom's task was putting the airplane's together and then blowing up a giant beach ball.
Sean got there with the kids and our friends and family arrived shortly after. 
Michael took to the Giant beach ball right away and the kids went out into the field and ran after the ball. The wind had picked it up more than once so my friend Nikki ran after it. It was a sight. 
We went inside and had treats and then tried to open presents. 
Michael opened 2 maybe 3 and was so over it so we all went outside and played at the playground since the sun decided to come out. 
The guys flew the airplanes around
We went back in and sang happy birthday and had cake, then tried to open more presents but it didn't happen.
All in all I am happy with the turnout, and especially happy that everyone enjoyed themselves. I am happy Michael had a good time, and was able to release so much of his balled up energy.
The funny part was that with all the airplanes coming and going, Michael was so focused on everything else that he didn't even notice the Ah-Mine's!

1 comment:

Rox said...

Sounds like such a fun time! That's funny that he didn't want to open presents, I didn't even think of that happening but of course 2 year old little boys just want to RUN! :)