Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

Sunday May 9, I celebrated my 1st mother's day! I still am in aww that I am actually a mommy. I love it so much. My little boy is my world. When he looks at me and smiles, it just moves me. I can't believe that here in a few short days that he will be 7 months old. It still feels like he was born yesterday. My husband and I find ourselves talking about the birth and little things we remember at least once a week. I am finding it harder and harder when I see little newborns. I look at my boy and wonder, where has time gone? I barely remember him being that small. It's just amazing how fast time has gone already and I cherish every moment. I wish time could take a break and hang around for a while but at the same time I can't wait for tomorrow to see what the new day will bring and the new things michael will be learning and doing next! So for mothers day we just stayed at the house and I was able to relax. Hubby let me sleep in, but as he said it he always lets me sleep in when he's home. We had Bar-B-Q'd chicken for dinner which hubby made and it was Delicious. Mom came over and we gave her a card, wind chimes, and some homemade from scratch cookies-Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies. Thats right BACON. I was looking for a recipe for white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies when I saw that and was intrigued. It sounded gross but after reading the reviews I thought well my mom loves bacon and chocolate so why not give it a try? They were actually really easy to make and turned out really good. You could hardly even tell there was bacon in them, my mom sure couldn't. There was just enough to give you that sweet, salty flavor. So all in all I had a wonderful first mothers day and look forward to spending many more wonderful happy years with my family!  

No comments: