Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby Steps

Last night I wanted to share my thoughts about my dreams for my future. One of those dreams was to go to college. Well my husband and I talked this morning and he said, "why don't you just go down to the college and talk to them, it's not going to hurt just talking". I was nervous and wasn't sure if I was going to do it or not but I decided to go. I ended up filing an application to be a student at the college, got my student id #, filed for financial aid @ home, and took 3/4 of the placement test. I have to go back tomorrow to finish it but I took my first step at becoming a college student and it feels great. My husband is very happy for me and proud that I am working on a goal. I have no idea what I am doing as far as what I need to do but I am sure there are people at the college that will help me along the way. I know I am a late bloomer with the whole college thing but it's better late than never.

No comments: