Monday, May 17, 2010

Dreams?

I have been thinking about my future a lot lately and what it will bring. I wonder how long I will be at where I am at now in my life. I usually like to things day by day and not worry about tomorrow and bite my teeth about yesterday. Whats done is done and what is going to happen will happen but............I can still wonder about the future and how I can take steps now to help bring on a new tomorrow. I have one big goal and that right now is to move into a larger place. We are so cramped in this tiny little place. I am so grateful that my son has his own room but our living space is nothing to crack a smile at. So far I have hosted 2 thanksgiving meals and x-mas days with family here and does the heat go up fast and the space lessens even quicker. Now that Michael is on the move and rolling ALL OVER, my urgency to want to move outta here grows stronger and stronger EVERY DAY. So when we do move, where do we go? Do we stay in Vancouver or the surrounding area? Do we move further up north more towards my husbands parents? or Do we say goodbye to the pacific northwest all together and start a new chapter somewhere else, but where would that somewhere else be? I love it here but I want to try something new, but I'm scared. My husband doesn't care where we go, just as long as we get away from the big city. I'm not sure what we will end up going,  but like I said before, just one day at a time. Another dream/goal of mine is to go to college. I am so scared & frightened of trying to tackle that mountain. My high school memories always come flooding into my mind every time I get the thought about wanting to go to school. I was a terrible student. I was lucky to even graduate. I really walked on thin ice my senior year. If it hadn't been for my high school counselor I wouldn't ever have gotten my HSD. I can only blame me for the poor decisions I made back then but I can also be grateful because they taught me a valuable lesson, don't give up and fight for what you want. I hope that when I finally decide to make that leap and go back to school that I am able to keep my head held high and remember those words. So besides taking that leap, what do I want to do for a career? I know it will have something to do with medical. Since I can remember, everything I was interested in involved something medical related. Kids watched cartoons, I watched surgery, and was fascinated! My mom has always told me I have a knack working with geriatrics's. She said there is just something about the way I interact with them that is humbling and it takes a very unique person to do that. Those words always made me feel better about who I am as a person. My dreams of becoming a brain surgeon are just dreams, but I do long to become a nurse. Working in Activities also gave me a strong urge to want to become a social worker. Don't ask me how the two are combined, but a feeling deep inside me wants to have a voice for those who need it the most. I want so much to be able to heal and to help. I know I can't have my cake and eat it to, but who says I can't try? So hopefully these dreams are not just dreams and maybe just maybe someday they will be my reality, but right now, just one day at a time.

No comments: