Friday, May 7, 2010

2nd foods

We started our second foods yesterday. I gave Michael his first bite of Chicken noodle and he gave me the most interesting look as almost to say "Mom, what is this? I don't know what it is, but I like it!" It was really cute. We also tried apples and cherries which of coarse he liked, sweet stuff is the best stuff. I am really adimant about giving him lots of vegies. He still loves his peas and green beans so hopefully that will continue. Tonight we tried mac n' cheese but I didn't get that cute look like I got last night. I am so proud of Michael at how much he is progressing. Only a few short weeks ago I wasn't sure if what I was doing as a parent was right or enough but I am feeling a bit more confidant now. Michael is sitting up, grabbing items, rolling all over the floor, is a pro thumb sucker, he is babbling saying Dada, MaMa. He says is just to say it now, he hasn't quite figured out which title goes to who but just hearing him say it for now is amazing. I love it! Another interesting thing is doing is spitting now. He LOVES doing that! He purses his lips together and tries blowing spit bubbles. YUCK! But boys will be boys, and right now he is enjoying himself and it is kinda cute in a weird sort of way. My mom was also playing with him and started coughing and Michael started to do the same thing. We started laughing thinking he had a tickle in his trought and it was just coincidence but she did it again and once again Michael coughed and then smiled. He was mimicking her. I wonder what more he will be picking up? Haha.

No comments: