Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thoughts

I don't know how many times I have posted about wanting to leave this drafty lil apartment of ours but here is yet another one to add to the books. There are two adults and two children living in this tiny 2 bedroom apartment. Including 1 large dog and 2 cats. It only has one bathroom that literally is only big enough for one person; big or small(sink on left, toilet straight ahead, and bathtub/shower on the right). I am over this. I am over that our home is so old that we have to make sure the a/c or heater is plugged in through the kitchen because the whole home is almost entirely wired on one single circuit and the fuse pops almost all the time! I am over my husband having to use his precious time home to tend to a yard we share with our neighbors, which includes picking up their 2 dogs droppings. 

I would love to have an updated home. Someplace I don't have to worry about the sockets being loose. 

But I do need to say this, because I posted on F/B a few days ago where I need to try and have more glass half full kinda moments, well here it is

I am truly grateful we have a place to live
I am thankful we have two rooms
I am thankful we have a yard, that our dog and son can play in
I am thankful we have a laundry room
I am thankful we have a dishwasher
I am thankful that this was the first place that my husband and I have called HOME
I am blessed that we brought two children into this world from this home

Well I think we have a game plan now. Far to often my husband and I have discussed moving to Ohio. I think it's time we put those plans in motion. 

As you know my husband is a truck driver. Living in Ohio would open the doors greatly in the trucking world.  And on top of that, it would allow my husband and brother to drive together as a team. The other plus side of that would be living close to my dad. I would have tremendous support with the kids and wouldn't be so lonely while my husband is away. I would also be able to go to school or work and have childcare. I am also contemplating just living with my dad for a little bit. That way I wouldn't have to pay rent on a home, except some bills I would be taking over at my dads. We would also be able to save up money and pay off our debts and then finally save money to use as a down payment for a home to call our own. 

Also another upside to this would being near my father as support as he was just diagnosed with skin cancer. He had a spot on his back that they were able to remove, non surgical. But there is a  spot on the tip of his nose that requires surgery. They are going to remove a layer at a time and biopsy each layer until they find it to by non cancerous. I am hoping that they do not have to go to deep and I am also praying that this be a controllable cancer. 

These are all just thoughts, random. But I am hoping that we are able to put these thoughts to concrete. That's all for now

2 comments:

Rox said...

Ohio sounds like where you need to be, if that's what's in your heart. So often the right choice is the harder choice. And moving is hard! But the support would be so worth it. Good luck whatever you decide!

Amos said...

Thank You Rox!