Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Are you done yet?

Are you done yet?
Meaning are you done having kids yet
This question has been brought up many many times by doctors, friends, family and between us
"You have one of each, your good, you should be done"
Is a common response why we shouldn't have anymore

Well truth is I really don't know if we are done yet.
I want to say yes but then there is a HUGE part of me that says no
The part that says yes is telling my mind that I didn't think I would have children in the first place, now I have been giving TWO, so be happy with what I have and be done.
The no part of me is the feeling I have of not being complete yet.
It's a 50/50

Shelby was not planned AT ALL. I cried and cried when I found out I was pregnant with her. The only people that were excited were my husband and friend Cresap.
After Michael my husband and I planned on having more kids someday, but further down the road. 
I wanted to loose weight badly, I did not want to put my body through another high risk pregnancy just because of my weight.
I wanted to be financially stable and in a bigger place.
BUT
God had other plans for me. 

Now that Shelby is here I am thrilled that she is a part of our family. I could not imagine us without her. She is the perfect little "Diva" addition.

With that being said, if we were to have anymore I am going to do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again until WE are ready. I am thinking 5 years minimum waiting period.

Here on some people I know/watch and their reasons for being done, or having more

My friend Cresap has two children of her own and her boyfriend 3. So between them 5. They are done having kids

My friend Nikki has 2 children. They would love a 3rd but financially they are comfortable and bringing a 3rd into this world would be tight

My parents had just the two of us. My brother being an extremely difficult baby pulled the plug on thoughts of having any more for them.

Everybody has their own reasons for having one, two, three or more children and everyone has their reasons for only having one or two, maybe none at all.

Another example would be the reality family of the Duggars. They are now on the road to having 20 children. They believe it is in gods hands when they will be finished having children.

*and just for fun*

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's oldest son
 Josh was married to Anna on 
September 26, 2008
My husband and I were married August 09, 2008

Josh and Anna welcomed their first Child on
October 8, 2009, a girl
My husband and I welcomed our first child on
October 14, 2009, a boy named Michael James

Josh and Anna welcomed their second child on 
June 15, 2011 a boy named Michael James
My husband and I welcomed our second child on
June 29, 2011, a girl

I know it's silly but I also think it's interesting

1 comment:

Rox said...

Woah, that's crazy! (The timeline of Josh and Anna and you and your family) I like cool fun facts like that!

I think it's smart to not make any permanent decisions yet, you're still young and you never know where the road will lead.
I understand feeling done, or complete, but at the same you don't want to shut that door just yet. :)