Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Check Ups

Today Shelby and Michael both had their well child check up's
here are the stats: 

Michael
95% height
73% Weight

Shelby
12 lbs 5oz 
25% height

Michael is very tall for his age and Shelby is very petite 
The doc thought it was funny that Michael was and is so much bigger than Shelby.

Both of the kids got shots; Michael only one and Shelby had 2(one in each leg) and 1 drinkable dose. 

I was not happy with how Shelby's shots were handled. I had both kids with me and both are not feeling well so I as a mom wanted to hold my daughter while she got her shots. The nurse wouldn't allow me, she insisted I lay her on the table. Then she went to do her leg shots first and I asked her to do the oral first and she replied that she did the legs first and then the oral. I knew what would happen and sure enough it did. She poked Shelby in both leg and my poor sick girl was screaming and crying and then had a syringe lodged in her mouth with liquid being forced into her mouth while the nurse's other hand was massaging her neck trying to get her to drink the fluid. I was livid. It's too late now but these are my kids and I can't let people walk over me just because they have a degree. Had she done the oral dose first my baby would have happily sucked that fluid down, no problem. 

No comments: