Friday, September 16, 2011

Mama's Instinct

Recently I switched Shelby from regular formula to a formula for lactose sensitivity. The reason I made this switch is because pretty much since we brought Shelby home, she had watery stools in every diaper. There was no little white pebbles, no nothing, just colored liquid. She had also been very fussy during feeding, and always gassy afterwards. I just had this feeling deep in my gut that her little tummy wasn't handling this type of formula so I went with my mama instinct and made the switch. Its now been two weeks and my little girl is now going #2 every other day and its a good soft texture with the little white pebbles. She also is eating much more and not having so much trouble getting the formula down. Since the switch she has also started sleeping through the night. I am happy that she is doing better and that I went with my gut maternal instinct. 

1 comment:

Rox said...

Good for you! I'm glad she's feeling better. It's amazing how mother's just know their babies!