Thursday, September 29, 2011

M&M

My aunt M&M(Mary Margaret), Uncle Robert, and Cousin Sacha came up from Palo Alto, CA over the weekend for a visit. What prompted this was my cousin's friend was getting married in forest grove so my aunt and uncle decided to accompany her on the trip and make it a visit and oh am I glad they did. I hadn't seen my aunt or uncle since I got married. I don't think I have seen my cousin since I was a little girl, it literally had been years. On Friday we had a BBQ at my place and visited. They got to see Michael at his best, ALL OVER the place. They saw what my mom always describes to them. Saturday we didn't see them because of the wedding. On Sunday they stopped by for a quick visit. We had set up Shelby's bouncer and Michael was playing with it and kept spinning this toy that made so much noise. My uncle said to encourage him to play with it, and that way he would do it less and less. We all laughed at this and tried but he was so into this NEW thing. My mom and them were going out for dinner Sunday night and I was totally bummed I couldn't join them. My husband asked if I could go and I said I can't, we have the kids. Then he said it again, No, DO YOU WANT TO GO? I was shocked. I asked him, "Really?" He said yes, I will stay home with the kids, you go and visit with your family. Oh I was so excited. My mom and relatives were so excited too.

My mom picked me up and then we went to the B&B they were staying at downtown Vancouver. Let me tell you, a diamond in the ruff. It was the cutest place and a nice home away from home. It isn't kid friendly, no one under 12. There is lots of breakables. If you like the older historic home feel, that's the place to go. I loved it. 

We went to a brewery that my cousins friend had suggested in Portland and when we got there it was dead. My uncle said if we would have gone in we probably would have felt the life being sucked out from us. My mom suggested this place called the Kennedy School. She said she drives by it all the time and has heard great things about it. So we went there and oh what fun. It was a converted school. You could walk the halls and go from bar to bar, or restaurant. They have a movie theater and a hotel with a pool. So neat. The food was so yummy. The best part of it was being with my family and LAUGHING. It was so much fun. 

No comments: