Wednesday, December 2, 2009

NICU

Michael was taken to NICU for 4 hours after birth. He was taken there because when he was born he wasn't breathing on his own. They had to bag him which has been the scariest thing I have ever gone through in my ENTIRE life. I just didn't understand why my son was not crying. When they finally got him to breath on his own they gave him to me and in that instant my world changed. That little boy looked into my eyes and I was his mommy. What an amazing feeling. Sean went to go stay with him while I stayed in the room recovering. Once I was able to get out of bed I went to the bathroom and the nurse told me to get back into bed and I told her no I wanted to see my son. She hadn't realized I hadn't seem him since he was born so she wheeled me down to the NICU. Upon arriving to Michaels private room I didn't see Sean or Baby but once I went in Sean was sitting there holding his son and it was the most precious sight. We both visited for a while and I had to go back to the room. Michael was brought back about an hour later which I was incredible thankful for. We all rested and around 4 hours later the nurse came in to check Michaels blood sugar level and it was down. We tried to give him a bottle but he wouldn't take it so off to NICU again but this time it was for the entire night. Our first night as parents we spent alone..no baby and it was devastating. I know I had my baby but he wasn't here with me and it felt strange. Luckily by morning his BS was up and he was eating so he was realeased back to us. Oh thank heavens!



No comments: