Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hubby's Work Update

OK

!!!!!!!!!I'M EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

Alright so now that I got that off my chest, I can give you an update:


Last week Sean completed  two day training with his new fleet. 
On Wednesday he was put into HIS final truck 
(He had be put into a loner truck that was equipped for his new fleet until he was able to get his own truck)

Wednesday afternoon he was set loose to go do his pickups and drops offs and has been running STRONG since. He has been home just about every night, except last Friday, and that was because he had worked all day long and ran out of hours to make it home. BUT he did return home bright and early Saturday, right when the kids and I got up! Then we had him all weekend, eeeeeekkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how much joy I felt with him being home this past weekend.
 We did not have to rush our time together. We were able to relax and just be well, a family.

I'll be happy to report I haven't been to the grocery by myself with two kids in almost 2 full weeks. I either take one kiddo, or leave them both at home with my husband.
(I even did a midnight run to the grocery last night to grab some things for my hubby's lunch)

Last Saturday was supposed to be my day for me but I had forgotten about a baby shower I was supposed to attend. So Shell's and I packed up and went to the baby shower. I was gone for a few hours and did not feel like I had to rush back home to my mom (who is usually my sitter when I go do things, which sadly isn't "wasn't" very often). My hubby let me enjoy my time away and didn't call me once to see when I was coming home. Gosh I'm a lucky gal!

 Sunday it was raining and we were trapped inside and the kids were going NUTS, so I said out of no where "Pack up we're going to the Zoo!" I packed a lunch and the four of us took off and had a great "wet" time at the zoo. The animals were so active, moving about their homes, or they were laying in front of the viewing windows. The best part is that we went as a family. I told Sean how great it felt and how it feels that I can start planning ahead for our weekends. We can go to the beach on a whim now and not worry about if he has to leave the next day. We have the weekends to just us, and it feels oh so right.

My ONLY complaint is that this new fleet requires him to work really funky hours. Last night he had to leave at 2am and he returned today at 2pm. He was home all afternoon but had to take a nap for a few hours because he just left at 11pm for a 4 hour drive to Tri cities. From there he doesn't know if he'll have another pick up, so you can see his hours are all over. He if fine right now with his sleep, or lack there of, so I hope (and pray) his body is able to go into a smooth transition with this new schedule.

My family is together at last. We eat meals together, enjoy bedtime routine together, welcome daddy home from a long day at work together.

We are together 


1 comment:

Shelly Cunningham said...

I love this post! It is so full of hope and family love! I felt exactly the same when we arrived in Marshall in January 2011. Our family was finally how it should be- together with a normal, sane schedule. It was a dream come true!