Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Operation Rid Ant, Day 2

Yesterday I posted a blog on my attempts to remove these pesky creatures from our home
Here are the results
I placed 3 Jars in the kitchen and 1 in the bathroom
In the eve I checked on all the jars and L sink jar had a bunch of ants, R sink jar not so many and bottom of sink jar had TONS
Bathroom jar was 50/50
Before I went to bed I checked on the jars again only to find hardly any ants in the kitchen anywhere. I saw a couple but they just looked totally lost, side note; I didn't kill them because the directions said to keep them alive, they are going to kill the colony for me.
I checked the bathroom jar and it was covered, & was crawling. Made my skin crawl. 
So today when I went to grab the jars to refresh the solution this is where all my ants were,
 bathroom jar


Now these bait traps were meant for ants to crawl inside and collect the food to take back to the nest but it's like ants decided to move to where the food was. They were alive in these jars and thick. It's almost like I made an ant farm(that I didn't want)


But good news is that I got a bunch of these lil suckers and a few minutes in a "bath" did just the trick
When I made the 2nd batch of solution I upped the borax to 3 tablespoons. 
I also placed the larger jar in the bathroom this time. 

No comments: