Friday, October 15, 2010

One Year

Well, Today has finally arrived. Today my little baby turned 1. ONE, I can hardly wrap my mind around that. It's crazy how fast life is. Well to celebrate my little guys 1st birthday we started off with a morning surprise. Daddy couldn't be here( he was on the road).I woke him up to his favorite sprout version of Happy Birthday. He loves the part where we sing, your good to grow, so count the candles and blow, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, TO YOU, TO YOU! He had the biggest grin on his face.


Once he got up and ready we snuck through the hallway and I made sure to go really slow. He peaked his head around the corner and was curious and I asked him what that was and he looked at me and SMILED. Surprise. The living room was decorated and he was greeted with new toys to play with. He was so excited.


 I had placed all the toys in one area and he kept his eye on the corn popper and was really animate about getting to that toy, haha. I let him play for a while then got him dressed and fed him lunch. We went out to the car and I switched his car seat to face forward(which he does not like at all)


 and drove over to my moms and visited and we got back into the car to head to ester short park to play on the playground but as soon as I got there and looked back and little man was fast asleep. So instead of going home, I drove for a little bit to let the little man get his rest, and then we drove to my brothers work to visit. After that we drove to the dog, skate, playground park to play. Michael enjoyed the swing.


 We then tried to go for a walk through the park but Michael kept stopping to Pick up every single dead leaf. Haha. We just kept going in circles.


 We left the park and drove back to my moms to pick her up and we went over to Jantzen Beach to ride the carousel.

(The exact moment he turned ONE)


 Michael LOVED it. He was squealing and laughing and just had a blast. My mom and I on the other hand got super dizzy standing there. I never realized how fast the darn thing went.


 After the carousel we went to babies r us where Michael got a birthday balloon and crown and rode on small ride by the front doors.


 We dropped mom off at home and then went back home so Michael could have his birthday cupcake which was chocolate with orange frosting(terrible idea).



 Michael dove in and just gobbled the cupcake right up. It was everywhere. He grabbed a big handful of frosting and smashed it between his hands and it oozed out the top and plopped into his lap where he preceded to try and grab the glob thus smearing it all over his belly, legs, and everywhere else. Haha.


After he looked like he was going to go in sugar overload and picked him up and carried him away from me as if he was covered in some nuclear chemical and put him in the bath tub. The orange frosting just got wet and kinda melted into everything in the tub. WONDERFUL. haha. Got little man dressed and drove over to our friend Nikki's to visit her and her bouncy girls. All in all I think Michael had a great first birthday and one we will remember. I am looking forward to Saturday for his party!

No comments: