Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cleaning out my(his) closet

Finally, Today I got to Michael's room. FINALLY. I have been pushing it off BIG TIME. Since he was born I have been really good at keeping up with his clothes but I have been in a slump and don't want to touch his never ending pile of clothes. Well today I DID IT. I rearranged his room. We live in a triplex and recently got new neighbors and I didn't want his crib on the wall next to their room. He sometimes cries at night when he doesn't want to go to bed. Well back to the clothes. I hung all his shirts and jackets up. Got his socks matched together and put away, bibs hung up, pants put in drawers, etc. I also managed to sort through all his summer clothes and go through everything that wouldn't be used, or no longer fit. I made two piles. One for keeps, and one to take to the consignment shop. I was really proud of myself for getting rid of as much as I did. I am really REALLY bad at keeping things because of sentimental value. I have tried so hard to weed things out, and in time, I eventually get rid of something, but it does take a while. With Michael's cloths especially I am super attached. Its like I flash back to the first time he wore the specific outfit, or what special outing we took in that outfit. I had to sit there and say THESE ARE JUST CLOTHES! So with that frame of mind I stuck to my guns and weeded out the unused and unwanted. I kept some being they were good clothes, expensive clothes, and unisex clothing. Michael was a blessing and we plan on having another someday. And if we don't I can always get rid of them then. But for now My son's room looks normal again and I am very happy I made the progress I did. Lets just keep our fingers crossed it stays that way, haha "wishful thinking" 

No comments: