Sunday, October 24, 2010

Burnt Popcorn

Today at one of my clients house while washing dished I started to smell burnt popcorn. My heart started racing. The smell became more and more overwhelming and I couldn't help but panic. Let my explain why. Before I knew I was pregnant with Michael, this was my very first symptom of pregnancy, the smell of burnt popcorn EVERYWHERE. So you can only imagine what this smell was doing to my mental state, haha. I nervously said my clients name and told her I was going to ask her a question and it may sound odd. She was curious and said "Yea?" I then asked her if by chance she had made any popcorn earlier and maybe have burned it?

 pause......pause.....pause

.......................PANIC PANIC PANIC...........................

"Yea I made popcorn earlier and it did burn, I've got it right here with me"

I had an AWWWWW like the sky had cleared & light just shown down on me alone kind of moment.

 "Whew what a relief" My client asked me why I was so nervous about asking her about the popcorn and I filled her in on the story. She said "Well I can tell you I have burnt popcorn but as far as the other thing, I have no idea." I laughed and said "I think we just need to leave it that you have burnt popcorn, haha". 


Burnt popcorn. It will forever linger in my senses.

No comments: