Saturday, April 3, 2010

We decided to take the plunge and he loved it!

Sooooooo after many conversations and considerations my husband and I decided it was time to give Michael baby food. We wanted to wait until 6 months and that was the plan but for the past few weeks Michael has not been "Satisfied" with his bottle. He goes for it more and more and he should be taking it less and less. So three nights ago we gave him his first taste of baby food and he had peas. I didn't get a picture but after he swallowed it he looked at me and smiled then opened his mouth for more. What a champ. The next night we tried carrots and he really liked those. I tried to give him only half of the container but when I took it away he cried, HE WANTED MORE! So he ate the entire thing of carrots and did not want his bottle after. The 3rd night we decided to give him prunes because he hadn't yet done his doody yet and I was worried the food was backing him up so prunes it was and they worked their magic! We have been doing rice cereal and oatmeal for a week or so, we have cereal one day and oatmeal the next and now we have food at night. He is not being fussy like he was and is not going for the bottle as much now. We just knew it was time.

We had our first casualty! Michael hit the spoon and away the peas flew right onto my shirt! Michael of coarse laughed and so did I!

No comments: