Thursday, March 8, 2012

Coming Home

My family and I were out shopping and I had my phone on silent. I hate being interrupted when I am shopping and I just think it's rude to talk while your shopping. I don't want everyone hearing my business, nor do I want to hear anyone else's 
Anyways.
 When we get back to the car I look at my phone and see six missed calls from my dad. 
(This is norm for my dad calling this much, since he is never able to get a hold of me on his first try)
There is also a text from him
A single photo of this


A flight itinerary
What?
but it's for Seattle, I don't understand
My heart started racing as I was hoping this meant he was coming out for a visit but panicked it meant something else.
I immediately called him and he sarcastically answered that it was about time I called him back.
I didn't even take time to say Hi, all I could do was ask him what that picture was. He just kept asking me what I thought it was. He did this to me for a good few minutes before finally confirming that he was indeed flying out for a visit!
Guess what I did, yup I squealed with delight and balled my eyes out. I was grinning from ear to ear.
I am just beyond ecstatic!
I haven't seen my dad since the end of march 2010. It's been too long.
He is flying into Seattle because it is saving him about 300 bucks, which he would have paid flying into Portland.
He will be here for two weeks! and on his birthday, which means I get to whip him up his absolute favorite cake, German chocolate.
He plans on renting a car and driving down here but I am thinking the kiddos and I might make a trip of our own that way. We had so much fun at the Seattle zoo, that I am thinking we will head up there the day before he arrives and go to the zoo. Stay the night up there and go pick him up at the airport the next day. Heck we might even splurge and go to the rain Forrest cafe! 
I am just on cloud 9.
I get to see my dad.
He gets to see what a wild handsome little toddler Michael has grown into
&
He get's to meet Shelby for the first time!


♥ My heart is happy ♥

1 comment:

Rox said...

I can feel your excitement!! YAY! You guys will have a wonderful time, he's going to fall in love with Shelby. Aw~ so exciting!