Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Not going to let this bring me down

So a long while back I posted about us starting the process of buying a home next summer. I have made a decision that as much I would love to start that process I am no where near ready. It seems like this past year I have finally been able to get control of bills and I am still playing catch up. So with that said buying has been put on hold and finding a new rental is in full swing. 

We have searched for a long time for a rental that fits our budget and our needs. Our MAIN need and only problem area is our 70lb dog. Finding a rental that allows a dog over 25 lbs is next to impossible. We finally found 1 that met our expectations as far as neighborhood, the dog allowance, and our budget. We viewed the property and gave our application Saturday.

We called Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday anxiously awaiting a yay or nay and they finally called us back tonight letting us know it was no go. Another family had applied and had higher income so they were approved before us. 

I am not going to lie, this process has consumed my emotions and thoughts the last few days. I have either been super excited about the thought of moving or sick to my stomach in the land of not knowing. Now that I do know, I am bummed. There are a ton of issues we are having in our current home and its time to move on from here. 

However, I prayed. I knew that if that was meant to be, it would be, and if wasn't we just keep looking. So we continue to look and make due with where we are for a little bit longer. I have to hold onto the thought that we will be out of here, this is not our permanent home. That also we have a roof over our heads. 

Searching for rentals is time consuming and easily can drive a person bonkers. It seems as if the hubby and I are taking shifts in searching. We need to take a break though and allow ourselves to breath for a minute. Get our minds back on track again.

There is a bright light to my day though. A fellow blogger/face book friend messaged me today about the possibility of openings in the high school preschool program. I e-mailed the teacher and sure enough there were a few spots still open. I am filling out the enrollment form and will know soon when Michael gets to start! I am so excited for him to start preschool. To be around "teachers" and all the one on one time. He loves learning and is a very busy kid. The few hours a week he gets to himself will be great for him. I'm excited! 

No comments: