Saturday, April 16, 2011

18 Months


Michael @ 18 months:
 He is saying a few words like
Hot
Butt
Don't
Dog
Whee

He loves being swung into the air by Sean and I and we always count 1,2,3....wheee!
(sometimes we don't say a number and it always sounds like Michael is counting out loud with us)

He waves bye bye, and waves Hello

He likes to shake hands

He gives High Fives and Double High Fives
(this is his favorite thing to do)

He loves giving kisses and when especially cuddly he repeats his kisses multiple time
(this I love)

His love for the outdoors is Amazing. He loves standing at the window and looking outside and if its nice he tends to run back and forth from the window to me until we go outside.
Once outside he explores to no end.
My neighbors let him use a basket and he collects things in this basket. Mainly rocks and sticks but he finds little odds and ends to stick in there.

He likes to push our buttons and test his limits. Sometimes this can get tiresome but he is learning.

Lately I have been letting him in the kitchen with me while I cook or clean. He keeps himself busy by "shopping" in the cabinets. He pulls cans out and babbles and acts like he is reading the label and he will either put the can back or take it and put it on his "Shelf"

He loves throwing things.

We are working on "being nice" to the animals. When they are near one of us he is very gentle but if he goes up to one of them on his own, he is too excited tends to slap.

I don't have him on a sced. and I don't think I ever will. I do envy those mommy's who are able to have their little ones on one but I haven't mastered that. Michael wakes up when I do and tends to go to bed when I do. That works for me but sometimes it does make his daddy a little cranky. Nap time during the day is getting harder and harder. Michael fights it to the core and will sleep 1 to 2 hours when he finally zonks out.

He gets scared when the dog barks and looks at me like is everything ok. I have to tell him its ok just to go see who's there and Michael will run to the window and stand next to the dog and look to see who is outside.

Michael is an eater and loves trying everything

He opens the gate when we are leaving to go somewhere and will help close it

He climbs into the car, and out of his Car seat all on his own.

We had to put child proof handle on our front door due to Mr. Michael every growing curiosity and figuring out how to do things.

Oh and Michael LOVES to dance. I am not kidding. If there is music on he is dancing. He wiggles around in the car to and moves his legs to the music.

He also sings. I sing to him everynight our goodnight lullybye and at random times throughout the day.
He doesn't sing all the time but if a tune catches him just right he tries to sing along and it's soooooo adorable :)

I am enjoying this stage in his life so much. He is still wanting and needed us but yet he is so in dependant.


It's hard to believe he is already 1 1/2!



No comments: