Thursday, February 24, 2011

19 weeks update

I had a follow up appointment today with a maternal medicine doc and they did a more intensive ultrasound to check out my issues. Turns out the placenta previa issue I have is only minor. It's partly on my cervix but not all the way. She said there is an 80% chance that by 32 weeks the placenta can move up and away from my cervix. Woo Hoo :) Second the low level of amniotic fluid is low but not dangerously low. Which means in order to fight this I need to drinks TONS of water. More than 1 1/2 gal. a day. I am going to feel like a fish in the sea from here on out but whatever I can do to make this pregnancy work I am going to do it. Another bitter sweet thing is that I am no longer working. I had to quit my job because of these complications. It will be wonderful having my weekends back and being able to have quality time with my hubby again but this also means I have no responsibilities outside the home. I enjoyed getting away 2 days a week to put my focus on something else. I am not going to fret though. I am doing this for this baby and that's what is the most important. I am on light bed rest which means I can only do minor things around the house, like only one thing at a time and very briefly. Its going to be hard but I have to do it. I will be sure to keep updating the further I get along and with each appointment. Not a sigh of relief today but a glimpse of hope.

2 comments:

LIndsey said...

I am so glad to read this after reading your other post about it! How scared you must have been but probably such a relief now! I hope things continue to progress great and that you and that sweet baby are healthy! Stay positive and take it easy!!

Amos said...

Thanks Lindsey. This pregnancy is def. a lot harder. My pregnancy with Michael was so great right til the very end. It's so weird that yea I may be the same person but this is a different baby and so this pregnancy is way diffferent.